Friday 22 July 2011

How to drive yourself insane, wasted magazine, Miniture band and crazy horses.

That my friends is a gargantuan blog title.  It's been a busy couple of weeks and some of it was actually productive. I finally blew the festival cherry. It was messy and that's all I need to say. Now to the business end of things. I got interviewed over at lo-brow and you can read all I have to say about a whole host of topics at: http://lo-brow.com/art/marcus-gilham-illustrator/

I am currently working on an article for wasted magazine: http://www.facebook.com/#!/wastedmagazine which is going to be interesting with a lot of creative control. This ties in with the How to drive yourself insane section. Basically I'm well known for doing processes that would generally make people go nuts. I decided to make some of the font by hand and here's what I got up to.







Seems simple right? Most normal people would scan this in and photoshop it into oblivion. I'm special.









As you can see. It says rodeog. I don't want it to say that. So of course I'm going to need a little help from photosohop. I try to use it as something to help me. Mostly because I enjoy the actual process of making things as much as I like what I'm making. I'll the put the whole spread up when I'm done.




Two more things then I'm off. The image below is a miniature desktop drum kit my dad got me for Christmas as a joke. Me and my house mate have actually been making some pretty awful music as a duo. If you own a miniature instrument and want to be a part of our freakshow. Let me know.    
Crazy horses!




Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment